Two days ago, I got this private message on Literotica.com:
I have written quite a number of fantasies for Literotica and had some nice comments. I am always struggling to get the red blocks though and could do with some guidance
I wrote back:
Any reason why you asked me?
I prefer incest stories. I could look at a couple of your stories and give you some feedback. When I give feedback, I prefer to be brutally honest, but I know a lot of people can’t handle that level of criticism. What kind of feedback are you looking for?
Let me offer some generic advice without reading your stories:
* Don’t start with paragraphs of narrative summary describing how wonderful the person to be seduced is and then follow that with paragraphs of narrative summary describing the seducer
* Start with an interesting scene
* Tells us why these people are available. I don’t like stories where two drop-dead gorgeous people haven’t dated anyone in years and are just waiting for the other to express interest
* Have some tension in the story. There should be more to the seduction than “Nice shoes.” “Thanks. Let’s fuck.”
* Read Write Incest like a Mother Fucker
I honestly would like you to be brutally honest. One problem I have is that I am from England and I tend to use words which I find exciting to myself. Such as Mummy and knickers and things like that.
I do have a few red blocks but it is always a struggle.
I missed the red flags that she didn’t respond to any of my questions or suggestions.
I sent her feedback on some of her stories. I followed up with a request that she read what I have done on a story set in England and let me know if it makes sense from the perspective of someone who lives in England. Crickets.
I try to be helpful to other authors, but I have had only one return the favor. It’s rather frustrating as I think that my writing is at the level that it’s going to need some expert feedback to improve.